Nortec industrial tires represent a separate product category. The model range of Nortec tires for industrial vehicles is based on the real need. This product line comprises tires to be installed on the machinery for performance of engineering, construction, road and other types of work. The operation conditions of the given product category are usually supercomplex. As a rule, these tires have to ensure the machine runnability day and night, while carrying extreme loads.
We can describe the items for special-purpose machinery according to their parameters, including principal data used when choosing tires: dimension type, capacity, speed rating, ply rating, tread pattern, version (tubular/tubeless). The values of qualitative indexes of industrial tires significantly differ from characteristics of items designed for installation on other machinery types. The specialization of the operation fields of special-purpose machinery assumes the tire compliance with the operating conditions, i.e. they shall have increased capacity and high mechanical stability.
The production technology of industrial tires is a complicated process assuming high consumption of materials required for manufacturing of one production unit, which explains their high cost. Moreover, a rubber compound of special composition is prepared for manufacture of tires referring to the category of industrial ones. The compound contains components providing necessary qualitative characteristics to the items.
The industrial tires are divided into two groups: tubular and tubeless tires. The models included into the tubular group are almost not deformed; they can withstand the impact of heavy temperatures, which feature is not typical for the representatives of the second group. The tubeless items have also their advantages: these tires are rather safe, have lesser weight in comparison with the tubular products and ensure good steerability.
The tread pattern of industrial tires enables adherence with the road surface. According to the tread pattern, the items for special-purpose machinery are divided into five basic groups:
- The rock-deep tread pattern has a big contact patch, enabling good adherence with the contact surface; it protects tires against cuts which may be done by sharp stone edges. The industrial tires referring to this group provide machinery with manoeuvring capability both when moving forward and back.
- The industrial tires with a “herringbone” tread pattern. The direction of the tread pattern when installing the tires depends on the axle, whereon the items are operated. The direction of the tread pattern shall coincide with the direction of the transport travel during the item operation on driving axles, and in case of tire installation on the free rolling axle – the pattern shall be directed to the opposite side.
- The tires with the block tread pattern are installed on the machinery moving on loose, swamped or soft ground. In case of contact with ground, they form a contact patch of larger area and ensure good cross-country ability to the machinery.
- The industrial tires with longitudinal ribs on their tread, enabling good road-holding ability to the items.
- The products with a smooth tread pattern are intended for installation on road rollers and loaders operated in mine pits. The specific feature of the given tires consists in their tread pattern or, more precisely – in its absence.